It’s now officially two weeks since I had my gastric sleeve surgery. It’s hard to believe that it has already been fourteen days since I went under the knife. I’d heard so many horror stories of being in pain worse than childbirth, etc or of horrible complications.
I think I have been pretty lucky:
- I’ve had no infections around my incisions
- I don’t have the awful gas pain a lot of sleeve patients seem to complain about
- I haven’t had any problems staying hydrated, so no dehydration issues
- I haven’t had hair loss (yet) so I must be eating enough protein, vitamins and minerals
- I haven’t been troubled with constipation (probably because I stay hydrated?)
- I haven’t puked or had acid reflux or anything like that
- I haven’t experienced dumping syndrome (yet) even though I have tried things that others have said brought it on for them
I have been pretty good at not comparing my weight loss progress to others. I know we’re all different. So far, since the 23rd, I’ve lost around 6 kilos (approx. 13 pounds). It’s not a huge amount, by I am glad the weight is coming off a little slower. I know it will speed up once I have clearance to start working out again. Right now, I am only allowed to take walks.
All that matters is that I am following my surgeon and nutritionist’s guidelines.
Have you been sleeved? Share your progress too. Let’s cheer each other on! 🙂