Sorry I haven’t been very good about updating here. Most of the spring was pretty hectic and I’ve been feeling a bit disorganised and unfocussed lately. I could blame it on the heat, but that would be dishonest. The craziness of my spring bled into my summer and then suddenly it was time for me to fly to the US for a three-week vacation. It was all a bit of a whirlwind. Now I am back and I am jet lagged.
Things I have learned so far this summer:
- My sleeved stomach is still too sensitive for very spicy or fiery food
- Avocados and almonds are great for getting rid of leg cramps caused by magnesium and potassium deficiencies
- Instead of craving candy, I now crave parmesan cheese
- My surgery scars still sometimes feel sensitive or itch — apparently will be the case for a few more months
- Honest T Moroccan Mint Green Tea makes me happy — unfortunately, now that I am back in Sweden, I can’t find it in any stores here so I will have to make it myself
- Guacamole is still one of my favourite snacks
- I can walk long distances again without having knee pain or back spasms
- As much as I love cheesesteaks, my stomach still can’t handle them — maybe next year
- I worked out in a gym while I was in Philadelphia and it felt good
- My weight loss stalls when I don’t get enough calories in
- I hate the way most protein shakes taste — they actually make me nauseous
- Peanut butter flavoured Kind bars make good snacks when travelling
- My peanut butter craving is still alive and well
So what else is new? Well, since my surgery in January, I’ve lost 56 pounds, which means I’ve nearly reached my end of July/beginning of August goal. In fact, I am only 2 pounds away from it and that makes me very happy.
My goal for August and onwards? To be better about keeping you updated and to start working out at the gym again since I’ve mostly only been walking a lot and working out at home.
Now if I could only get rid of this jet lag…